Part-Time Human Resources Manager (HIRED)
Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active and belong. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies the power of running, the program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Each fall and spring season culminates in a 5k race festival that celebrates the boys’ personal growth. Let Me Run is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
This position will lead all Human Resources efforts for Let Me Run. The organization is seeking an experience HR professional to assist with recruiting, new hire onboarding, benefits administration, payroll processing and administration and other related tasks. This is a part-time position (approximately 20 hours/week) in the headquarters office in Charlotte, NC.
• Oversee all payroll submissions and reports.
• Coordinate and process employee enrollments and terminations for organization’s benefits plan.
• Conduct ongoing research on new benefits offerings as staff increases.
• Develop, in conjunction with the Executive Director, organization HR policies on PTO, overtime, mileage reimbursement etc.
• Create Employee Handbook.
• Oversee all recruitment and on-boarding efforts for national staff across multiple states.
• Manage and update employee agreements.
• Mange organization’s I9 review and filing.
• Conduct background checks for all employees, volunteers and coaches.
• Track any employee medical leaves (FMLA, LOA, Workers’ Compensation).
• Implement official employee evaluation process and new technology to support.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Minimum 5 years of HR experience, ideally for an organization with national employees.
• Experience working with HR and Payroll databases and systems.
• Experience with benefits administration, specifically for small organizations.
• Familiarity with state employment laws.
• Performance Management experience, including knowledge of supporting technology or software.
• Non-profit experience a plus.
• Ability to work professionally with confidential information.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook and Excel).
• Knowledge of common HR policies.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.