Marketing & Communications Specialist (HIRED)
What you will do:
• Assists Director, Marketing & Communications with special event planning, site logistics, scheduling, reports and maintaining annual master calendar of events for the organization.
• Develops and executes e-marketing program using Constant Contact – to include bi-monthly e-newsletter and news updates to external partners and supporters. Evaluates current database and provide updates as needed.
• Coordinates with marketing team to develop and execute marketing plans for donation drives, retail grand openings, trade shows, conventions, job fairs and other events.
• Provides support for the development of the monthly team member newsletter.
• Writes newsletter articles, reports and this week at Goodwill weekly update.
• Identifies and develops testimonials from Goodwill’s training program participants to assist in communication of the organization’s mission.
• Performs website updates as needed.=
• Schedules and manages the promotion team for special events, as needed.
• Works closely with the Public Relations and Social Media-Content Manager to develop content, post messages and engage with online community, while monitoring social media networks.
• Manages the inventory of promotional items and distribution to organization representatives.
• Assists with researching and evaluating new social media sites, tools and applications that the organization can incorporate into our efforts.
• Assists with research and development of marketing campaigns.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
• 2-4 years of professional work experience in marketing, communications, public relations, non-profit or related activities including at least 1 year of experience in writing assignments.
• Or the equivalent combination of education and experience.