Mecktoberfest is back for its seventh year at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and this year has added a third day. The free event will run from September 25 to 27, and includes an expanded menu (plus kid-friendly options) and live music.
It’s one of the first Oktoberfest-related festivals to hit Charlotte. The popular Charlotte Oktoberfest event is a week later, starting October 3, at the N.C. Music Factory.
- Fun lasts from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. each of the three days.
- Event is held at Olde Meck’s location at 4150 Yancey Road. The brewery refers to the location as “Lower South End” or “LoSo.” I haven’t decided yet whether LoSo is going to happen.
- You can bring your dog.
- They’ll be tapping a seasonal brew, the Märzen amber lager. It uses Bavarian hops and yeast from a 1,000-year-old brewery.
- The Holzhackern German Band will play from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Menu will include traditional German dishes, and hot dogs and hamburgers for kids.
(Photo credits: Olde Mecklenburg Brewery)