Communications Manager (HIRED)
Bank of America’s Chief Technology Organization (CTO) is responsible for delivering a frictionless and convenient digital experience to our businesses and teammates at Bank of America worldwide. CTO manages the technology infrastructure and application production services for the company with approximately 11,000 teammates around the globe. The CTO Communications Manager sits on the CTO Communications, Marketing & Events team and supports internal communications and technology marketing to Bank of America employees.
The CTO Communications Manager will interface with technology executives and team members, including business support managers, project managers, engineers and developers and also partner with Bank of America’s Corporate Communications organization to execute communications campaigns and tactics. In support of a new competency center model, the Communications Manager will be aligned to several technology teams within CTO and be the point of contact or account manager for all of their communications activities.
• Drafting executive, internal and end-user email communications.
• Technology product and service marketing, creating digital and print collateral to encourage awareness and user adoption.
• Writing intranet articles on technology news and employee news.
• Drafting talking points for senior executives, collaborating on industry award submissions.
• Occasional writing and producing videos to support marketing and employee engagement efforts.
• General communications support.
• 7+ years of in-house or agency experience in communications.
• Adept in business and technology writing with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Superior self-editing and copy editing skills with a deep understanding of AP style.
• Experience working with executives and project teams to create and execute on communications plans.
• Strategic, critical, analytical and creative thinking skills to develop effective communications plans that consider all risks, market drivers, business factors, potential issues, short-term and long-term goals, etc.
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines with world-class organizational and planning skills.
• Superior client service and demonstrated ability to grow internal and stakeholder relationships across a wide range of teams to plan and drive business goals.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member with personnel at all levels in the organizational hierarchy.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, English or a related field.
• Experience working in a complex environment (e.g., environment spanning multiple functions, shifts, platforms, geographies) and/or a financial services environment.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and experience in creating executive presentations.
• Experience in copywriting and creating digital/print marketing materials.
• Experience working with SharePoint and content management systems (CMS).