Vice President of Sales (HIRED)
In our sixth season in the beautiful BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte’s booming Uptown, the Knights have become industry leaders in attendance, revenue generation, creativity, community involvement and the hosting of major events. We are now seeking a new Vice President of Sales to lead our corporate and ticket sales team to new heights with a focus on world-class service to our founding and existing sponsors while attracting new relationships with the ever-expanding Charlotte business community. In addition to their own individual corporate and ticket sales responsibilities, the selected candidate will also lead, direct and be responsible for the management of directors of season membership sales, group sales and ticket operations, as well as a client services manager, a premium services manager and two ticket service managers. The cumulative effect of the direct sales responsibility plus management of this revenue-generating team will be to reach the established sales goals of the Knights’ organization.
Qualified applicants should be able to work seamlessly with upper management, fellow department heads and support staff members to achieve the aforementioned objectives. They should also be creative, customer-service oriented and a positive influence on all staff while being willing to work the non-traditional hours involved in a baseball season.
Job functions include:
• Direct sales responsibility through the effective use of cold-calling, lead generation and client relationship-building to promote the value of the Charlotte Knights, the success of which is based upon meeting both individual and team sponsorship goals while understanding individual customer business goals and initiatives.
• Direct sales and oversight of all suites, premium seat offerings, season tickets and group tickets in conjunction with departmental managers.
• Develop, write and present personalized, unique and integrated corporate sponsorship sales proposals to key clients.
• Work directly with the organization’s leadership team (Chief Operating Officer, General Manager and Department Directors) with regard to corporate sponsorship, suite and season ticket sales, organizational image and community influence.
• Interview, hire, train, orient, manage, motivate and lead all corporate sales and ticket sales staff.
• Work with the Sponsorship team to ensure that the goals and marketing commitments developed for each client are being met, including any review/reporting requirements.
• Work with the Ticket Sales team to drive presold tickets through suites, season memberships, ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality offerings.
• Build long-term positive relationships with marketing partners through the execution of best-in-class customer service.
• Promote, attend and provide planning support for Sponsorship Services events, be it organizational client appreciation events or client-related fulfillment/activation events.
• Work directly with and provide guidance, as appropriate, to the sponsorship services fulfillment team, promotions department and game day staff as it relates to sponsorship sales and client satisfaction to ensure alignment and organizational compliance based on existing agreements.
• Review, supervise and track proposals prepared by staff. Prepare weekly sales reports and sales pending reports as requested.
• Create, monitor and introduce new sales inventory to help create additional revenue opportunities.
• Liaise with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas.
• Work game days and special events to entertain existing partners and new business prospects
• Assist in the creation and on-going development of sales media kits and promotional collateral.
• Survey, evaluate and work to achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Proven sales and sales management experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
• Ability to communicate credibly and effectively through all levels of an organization and with clients.
• Proven ability to enact and manage a sales process.
• Strong conceptual and strategic skills and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with all personality types at the staff, management and client levels.
• Strong computer skills, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint or other presentation software.
• Excellent listening, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Salary and benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits. The compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.