New Business Developer (HIRED)
SPARK is a full-service strategic branding firm offering an integrated approach to marketing, advertising, public relations, social and digital media to help businesses grow. For each client, we put together a customized team of strategic planners, designers, web developers, media planners/buyers and PR professionals based on their needs. We do our best work by partnering with clients who are looking for a long-term relationship so that we can completely immerse ourselves in their business. We’re looking for someone to help us make our mission of growing businesses, people and ideas a reality…even faster.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Report to the CEO and work alongside her to secure new business opportunities for SPARK.
• Network and create relationships within the Charlotte business community and beyond on behalf of SPARK Strategic Ideas.
• Create, manage and update sales pipeline and contact information of prospects to measure performance and track progress on a weekly basis.
• Provide SPARK leadership team with weekly sales metrics.
• Develop proposals (with assistance from the team), including writing and working with graphic designer.
• Responsible for the close/conversion of business development leads into new contracts/revenue.
• Manage client contract / fee negotiations.
• Oversee and participate in the conception and strategic development of new marketing programs for agency promotion.
• Perform all necessary duties as part of the sales cycle, including but not limited to: prospective client cold-calls, preparing proposals, prospect presentations and/or managing projects as it relates to the sales process.
• Provide strategic insights and ideas to the SPARK team for new clients during the onboarding process.
• Seek and fulfill opportunities to increase awareness of SPARK in local community and regional communications industry.
• Participate in creative brainstorming for clients as needed.
• Immerse in SPARK’s culture and positively impact team.
• Approximately 80-85% of time spent on new business development and approximately 15-20% of time spent focused on SPARK promotion.
This job is not for the faint of heart.
• Minimum 5-10 years of sales and/or marketing experience.
• Self-motivated worker able to work independently as well as collaborate with a larger team.
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Client management and services experience.
• Excellent sales and negotiating skills/experience.
• Comfortable in Microsoft Excel and Office.
• Understanding of a design/build/manage business model.
• Innovative / progressive thinker.
• Approachable, cooperative and professional demeanor.
• Perform tasks with a sense of urgency and dedication to doing things right.
• Function well under pressure.
• Extreme attention to detail, strong organization and multi-tasking abilities for a fast-paced environment.
• Must be comfortable working with a salary base plus commission structure.
• Above all, must focus on building relationships, have a passion for exceeding expectations and love learning. We work hard and love what we do. It shows in our work and in the results. Our success is built on our clients’ successes.