Production/Packaging Team Member
Sycamore Brewing is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our production team. This is a very exciting time of growth for our brewery and those individuals who dedicate themselves to excellence and quality will be able to advance, as we prefer to promote from within. This position is considered entry-level and will focus on the packaging side of our production operations.
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, hard-working and willing to learn in a fast-paced production environment. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential to fit in with our passionate, growing team. Adherence to company policies regarding safety, quality and personal conduct is required.
This opportunity offers a competitive wage, paid time off, paid holidays and health insurance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Cleaning kegs and operating keg washers.
• Checking carbonation of finished beers and filling kegs.
• Working cooperatively on the canning line, palletizing cases of beer, with eventual training on all canning line stations.
• General brewery cleaning, sanitation and organization.
• Material handling – operating forklifts and pallet jacks, as required.
• Complying with all brewery quality, sanitation and safety procedures, as well as OSHA, FDA and USDA regulations.
• Participate in brewery/taproom events and festivals.
Qualifications, skills and attributes desired:
• Forklift experience/training preferred.
• Ability to be on one’s feet and walk long distances over an 8+ hour period.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds, twist/turn repeatedly, reach over shoulders and work in a crouched, kneeling or standing position at a steady pace.
• Ability to work a flexible and changing schedule – some early days, night work and overtime may be required.