- The race is this Saturday, September 12th at 8:30 a.m.
- It costs $53 per person.
- Every runner gets an adorable pumpkin t-shirt, pumpkin medal, free apple cider (clutch) and a pumpkin to take home.
- Registration is still open but hurry – it ends September 11 at noon.
- This is a run or walk. Choose the first wave if you want to run or the last wave if you prefer a leisurely stroll.
- It only takes 25 minutes to get to Rural Hill and the parking is free.
“The Great Pumpkin Run is a fall-themed 5K that celebrates everything great about fall. Erik Young (co-founder) and I thought of it back in 2012. We launched our first one in Cincinnati. In 2013, The Great Pumpkin Run traveled to seven cities and last year to nine.”
“We wanted to create a fall tradition with people. Something that friends and families look forward to participating in each year!” – Courtney Walker, event director and co-founder
- Unlike most races, if you sign up but then accidentally drink 12 margaritas at RuRu’s on Friday night, you can have a friend sub-in for you.
- The Great Pumpkin Run’s charity partner is Charlotte-based The Sandbox, which supports families whose children have cancer or a life-altering illness.
- This race has something I’ve never seen before: a Tough Pumpkin option. They basically make the race 1,000 times harder by giving you a real-life pumpkin to carry (up to 10 pounds). Then you get to keep the pumpkin and tell all your friends how awesome you are.
- Did I mention you get to run through a corn maze?
Connect with The Great Pumpkin Run:
Photo credit: The Great Pumpkin Run.