Development Assistant (HIRED)
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the church’s database system, Shelby Arena. This includes ensuring membership information is accurate and up-to-date. In addition, this position assists the Director of Development with all related correspondence, tracking of gifts and administrative tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provides database administrator support regarding membership and contributions, including building reports to help with the church’s processes.
• Manage and enhance the database’s membership tracking structure and provide support and training to administrative assistants for tracking member’s ministry involvement and discipleship engagement, provides member portal technical support to church members.
• Receive phone calls and emails from members regarding membership and financial information and provide high-quality customer service.
• Pulls demographic and financial information, mailing lists and reports as needed.
• Actively seeks new information regarding members (i.e. change of address, phone numbers, e-mail, etc.), creates and maintains systems and processes for all church membership records (i.e. moving young adults from family grouping to separate households, removing inactive members from the rolls) to maintain membership data integrity. Provides routine data cleanup.
• Update information regarding pledges, baptisms, confirmations, births and all other data in a timely manner.
• Prepare monthly membership statistical report and provide information for the annual statistical report that is required by the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• Monitor, acknowledge and analyze financial commitments for the annual campaign and special campaigns.
• Run weekly stewardship financial reports. Sends weekly acknowledgment letters and enters financial commitments.
• Organize various appeals (written and electronic) for stewardship including coordination of follow-up contacts, supports financial development initiatives for major gifts work.
• Support and administrative duties for Stewardship Council committees to include: meeting arrangements (room reservation, food and document preparation), correspondence and filing.
• Ability to understand basic database structure and organization of data for reporting.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Major Gifts & Planned Giving.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to organize and initiate work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to produce results.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written or electronic means and provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Information systems knowledge including Microsoft Office suite, internet/intranet and database concepts.
• A willingness and ability to understand needs across multiple ministry teams and provide leadership for staff and church members in order to expand data collection and improve quality of reporting member participation.
• A committed follower of Jesus Christ with evidence of personal discipleship.
• Physical requirements include but may not be limited to frequent handling of files, books, boxes of documents, keyboarding, operating a telephone and other office equipment.
• Mental requirements include but may not be limited to general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability and advanced writing ability.
• The employee is occasionally required to be mobile throughout the building and attend off-site functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.