VP of Marketing (HIRED)
As the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum resources, digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms worldwide, Discovery Education is transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving more than 5 million educators and 51 million students, Discovery Education’s services are available in approximately half of U.S. classrooms and primary schools in the UK and more than 90 countries around the globe. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement. Explore the future of education at DiscoveryEducation.com.
What you will do:
Reporting to Discovery Education’s Chief Marketing Officer and directly matrixing into the President of K-12 Education, the Vice President of Marketing will lead the development and execution of clearly defined SaaS-based marketing and communications strategies in a manner that measurably supports the achievement of business targets while enhancing product loyalty and brand awareness.
Specifically, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for leading, planning, organizing, staffing and training the marketing functions aligned to drive K-12 product revenue growth, in order to achieve profitability objectives while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position aligned with our mission. You will work closely with our Chief Product Officer and marketing team to shape strategies that drive product understanding, engagement, adoption and usage across all marketing channels. Regular interaction with the senior leadership team, especially the President of K-12 Education and related sales and marketing leaders, will provide meaningful insight to ensure marketing strategies are aligned to optimize revenue growth and profitability.
You will lead direct reports and matrixed teams to continuously improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness, managing all members to consistently meet or exceed business targets. In alignment with Discovery Education’s people-focused culture, you will support, coach and develop all team members to ensure company, team and individual success.
• Lead all marketing functions to drive K-12 revenue growth, including brand, product, digital, event and partnership marketing disciplines.
• Own accountability for the creation and enterprise-wide execution of a cohesive marketing strategy that reflects core K-12 sales objectives and how to pull marketing levers to drive measurable K-12 revenue growth across key product lines.
• Drive data-driven decision making, leading against a set of defined and broadly understood KPIs that measurably accelerate recurring revenue expansion across Field Sales, Inside Sales, Partner Success and Professional Development, supporting K-12 student/educator impact.
• Embrace full accountability for leading the marketing team (both direct reports and those matrixing into the role), ensuring highest level of functional expertise, professionalism, service and flawless execution of revenue-driving marketing tactics.
• Facilitate strategic, consistent, proactive communication across the DE leadership team, working in close collaboration with the President of K-12 Education and sales leaders to ensure marketing strategies are developed in alignment with sales priorities.
• Ensure field sales teams are trained on the effective use of DE programs, content and experiences as part of the sales and renewals process to deepen district engagement and build DE brand loyalty.
• Anticipate business cycles and marketplace dynamics to strategically deploy marketing solutions, building skills within the team to do the same.
• Lead the strategic use of technology-based solutions that empower marketing solutions to scale reach, impact and quantifiable results.
• Guide the development of KPIs/metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness of all marketing activities.
• Manage budgets for all areas of responsibility ensuring marketing supports DE’s ability to deliver on annual profitability targets, including continuously targeting areas for cost savings and greater efficiency.
• Lead and manage business with the highest ethical standards.
Who you are:
• 10+ years of progressive SaaS marketing experience at the senior management level, leading multidisciplinary marketing teams overseeing strategy and demand generation for industry and vertical businesses, new product launches, client lifetime marketing and planning.
• Preference given to candidates with experience leading tech-savvy marketing teams accountable for lead velocity and conversion rate improvement.
• A proven track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with attention to details as well as the ability to distill complex and technical issues and ideas and organize them into meaningful message.
• Strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement actionable plans with measurable results.
• Proven ability to effectively communicate and lead at all levels of a corporate organization.
• The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals.
• The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
• Experience in startup, entrepreneurial environments a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.