Product Designer (HIRED)
Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that’s revolutionizing the pet care industry through a top-notch team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet owners with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. With same-day scheduling, GPS tracking on all walks and pet photos for every visit, Skipper helps clients “ditch the dog guilt”. As of 2019, we’re the only dog walking company with automated route scheduling for our team of dog walkers using our custom software. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the “next big thing” in pet care.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join us in building the future of pet care. Applicants should have a passion for making the complex simple through innovative interaction design, delighting clients with creative visual design and uncovering the hidden needs of all stakeholders through user research.
The Product Designer will serve as an interface between the users of Skipper’s software, the product team and the engineering team. They will help shape the visual experiences of Skipper clients and team members. They will create designs for our existing suite of products, as well as new products, conduct user research, find & validate bugs in functionality and usability on existing software and translate product needs into workable tasks for the engineering team.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Create high-fidelity mockups using Sketch, inVision and/or similar software.
• Lead user testing with all stakeholders.
• Assist with user research, persona building and journey mapping.
• Create a range of design output including wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
• Review the implementation of designs by the tech team.
• Complete analysis of competitor digital products and translate to opportunities within Skipper products.
• Find ways to add small touches to our digital products that “surprise and delight” our clients.
• Validate user issues with Skipper software and translate these into detailed projects for the engineering team.
• Help shape product roadmap based on insights from Skipper software users.
• Gather requirements and prioritize work according to product roadmap.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1+ years of product design experience required.
• You consider yourself highly skilled in interaction design and visual design.
• You have experience conducting user research and testing.
• You have a deep understanding of software usability principles.
• You love working closely with developers, product team, clients and more.
• Proficient in Sketch or similar design software.
• Proficient designing new software and refining existing software designs.
• Experienced in translating user feedback into new designs or upgrades.
• Familiar with software product lifecycle.
• Preferred experience with HTML and CSS.
Skipper’s current digital products include:
• An admin/operations web app.
• A client mobile app (react native).
• A client web app
• A team member mobile app (react native).
• Multiple other products in development.