Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
We were Cardinal Solutions, now we are Insight! We’re looking for an experienced, passionate and professional DevOps Engineer to join our Charlotte, NC team (this is not a remote opportunity).
Together, we are
• Microsoft Worldwide AI Partner of the Year, 2018.
• Microsoft Worldwide Modern Desktop Partner of the Year, 2018.
• Microsoft Worldwide Open Source on Azure Partner of the Year, 2017.
• Microsoft’s Largest Global Partner.
What our DevOps Engineers do:
• Update, deploy and monitor systems developed by the team(s), passionately looking for opportunities to improve performance, reliability and automation.
• Move implementation through development phases, from project initialization to deployment, supporting various teams and client initiatives.
• Analyze and support DevOps requirements from infrastructure and cloud development specialists, focusing on delivering most relevant topics across various industries.
• Successfully manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources, both in terms of fixed resource needs, as well as helping build systems for dynamic scaling based on the various projects, teams and client needs.
What we look for:
• Solid experience with key DevOps technologies including Docker, as well as DevOps experience in Azure, including Hybrid, Serverless, IaaS, Automation and tools for CI/CD services.
• Wide-ranging experience in deploying, debugging and managing systems in cloud environments such as Azure.
• Ability and aptitude to build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) systems for complex, distributed applications, using tools like Visual Studio Team Services, Octopus, Jenkins and/or Team City.
• State of the art experience diagnosing and debugging applications in complex, distributed, containerized computing environments.
• Knowledge of development tools like GIT, code branching/merging strategies and familiarity with tools such as VSTS or similar.
• Minimum of 4+ years of industry experience.
• Strong experience with highly-scalable and distributed databases and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
• Experience or understanding of developing cloud pattern designed environments.
• Exposure to open-source software to build solutions and work with the open-source community to resolve problems and improve our solutions.
• Hands-on development with relevant computing languages, frameworks and libraries.
• Conventional back-end development experience with .NET, Java and/or NodeJS.
What can Insight offer?
• Client facing opportunities.
• Local travel.
• Flex hours.
• Remote work.
• No formal dress code.
• Leadership from great mentors.
• Unlimited vacation.
• Pay for training.
Why work with us:
We have created a team-oriented environment with quality people, career advancement opportunities, great work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package. Our people appreciate that they represent a brand that is invested in growing local relationships while working globally and doing what is right for our co-workers and clients. We are high on supporting each other and hiring/developing the best technical professionals in the industry. These are some of the reasons why we are often selected as a Best Places to Work award winner in the cities where we work.