IT Project Manager (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct or oversee information technology (IT)-specific projects that are small to medium in size and moderately complex by applying technical expertise in IT project management. This includes responsibilities for managing projects end-to-end through the planning, development, execution and implementation stages, while adhering to Lowe’s enterprise IT project practices. Overall, this role contributes to IT projects that ultimately work to move the organization forward and provide technological improvements across the business.
• Delivers multiple technical projects that are less complex or one to two small to medium highly complex project from planning to minimum realization with full responsibility and accountability for the outcomes through consistent communication with project stakeholders and personnel.
• Develops, analyzes and manages all touch points of the project plan including responsibility for scheduling, global resource forecasting, managing project financials and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact.
• Monitors the overall project performance (timeline, budget and resource utilization) against plan and makes adjustments as needed when issues are identified and require resolution.
• Assists in the request for information (RFI), vendor request for proposal (RFP) processes as directed and prepares and/or reviews status reports on key project performance metrics.
• Drives the work of assigned project team by requesting resources to support IT project demands and communicating a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team.
• Coordinates team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved, providing performance feedback to team members’ supervisors as appropriate and guidance on smaller less complex projects managed by IT Associate Project Managers.
• Manages, controls and mitigates project risks by identifying and analyzing trigger events, establishing contingency plans, anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes and recommending ways to mitigate future risks to management.
• Participates in formal and informal training to continuously develop technical capabilities and project management skill set, enabling progression.
• Reviews and/or prepares status reports on key project performance metrics (i.e. deliverables, financials, duration, benefits) and/or provides data input for report preparation to Project Coordinators.
• Ensures the alignment, buy-in and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third-party vendors and senior management.
• Applies technical knowledge in software development, database management, IT architecture, Lowe’s operating systems, etc. to ensure the alignment, buy-in and support of diverse project stakeholders such as internal customers, third-party vendors and senior management.
• Supports and is accountable to the IT Program Manager for the management, delivery and outcomes of assigned projects within the program.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field and 4+ Experience in IT or related business area, including 2+ years managing IT specific projects. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• 4+ Experience working on and/or managing IT project(s) involving the implementation of SDLC project life cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
• Experience managing operational or project financial budgets and leading project teams.
• 2+ Experience developing IT project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)/User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates.
• Background in business analysis, software design, Software development, data architecture, operating systems, software testing or other technical area.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification.
• 2+ Experience in IT project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional IT solutions.
• 1+ Experience using formal business process improvement methodologies.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.