Strategic Marketing Manager – Carolinas College of Health Sciences (HIRED)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Plans and strategically designs communications plans, initiatives and programs that build awareness of the college’s brand among teammates and community with specific targeted emphasis on goals and priorities. Responsible for brand messaging and management and development of strategic communications programs and marketing. Responsible for community relations and engagement. Manages multiple projects, exhibits decision-making skills and effectively sets priorities.
• Develops and maintains a progressive marketing and communications plan that outlines strategies to increase student engagement, enrollment and retention.
• Manages the public information efforts, public and community relations activities, website and social media presence.
• Develops key communication messages and talking points and manages the implementation across all communication channels (marketing, PR, internal, etc.). Assists with strategic communication requirements for senior leaders, including presentation development, talking points and speech writing.
• Manages the production and communication of promotional materials such as college magazine, recruiting materials, etc.
• Collaborates with other members of the college community and Atrium Health Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach in preparation of publications, informational materials and other communications to further college relations.
• Builds strong working relationships with College leaders, admissions team, vendors, agencies and other partners to promote an integrated communications approach across the organization.
• Develops and directs engagement activities to develop and foster relationships with public and private entities.
• Solicits and cultivates new corporate and community partnerships, in collaboration with the Manager of Alumni Relations and Development and the Atrium Health Foundation.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities and develop strategies for outreach and engagement solicitations, collaborating with Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and the Great Place to Work committee.
• Thinks creatively to develop compelling corporate engagement proposals and presentations while ensuring these align with brand positioning and strategy.
• Understands enterprise strategic plan and aligns projects/programs/campaigns/activities accordingly, manages multiple projects independently, drafts recommendations, customizes processes/outputs to audience.
• Helps enforce and manage the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
• Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities.
• Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle.
• Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone and operating computer keyboard.
• Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience required.
• Experience managing personnel directly or indirectly is preferred.
• Strongly prefer previous experience working in higher education as well as healthcare.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.