IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Manager
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of the Collins Aerospace ITIL-based global ITSM process framework. The ITSM Process manager is responsible for enforcing, monitoring, measuring and continually improving 1 or more process areas. The Process Manager actively engages with internal Digital Technology teams and service provider teams to ensure that IT staff and ITSM tool sets are equipped for efficient and effective execution of assigned ITIL processes.
This position is to serve as the owner and ultimate authority for the Incident Management, Major Incident Management and Problem Management processes. This position requires a keen focus on customer experience, operational stability and major incident reduction. Reporting to the Manager of IT Service Operations, this position serves as part of an ITSM team that works in close partnership with IT Service Delivery staff to drive operational excellence and continual improvement.
• Serve as owner and manager of the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes globally, with overall accountability for process strategy, execution and continual improvement.
• Provide guidance and direction to Service Management Center (SMC) staff who will assist with day-to-day process support activities (e.g. Incident Lifecycle Coordinators, Major Incident Managers, etc.).
• Ensure efficient and effective integration between assigned process areas and other related ITSM process areas (e.g. Knowledge, Change, Configuration Management, etc.).
• Set the direction for ongoing maturation of ITSM tool (ServiceNow) to ensure maximum effectiveness with respect to process execution and reporting capabilities.
• In partnership with Service Delivery Managers, ensure support teams are operating in adherence with all ITSM Processes and with associated contractual Service Level Agreements.
• Regularly review and update Process, Procedure and other standard work and ensure all revisions are appropriately deployed, to include requisite training of all impacted parties and stakeholders.
• Define CSFs/KPIs to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the process, review measures/metrics and initiate actions required following the analysis of reporting data.
• Identify and lead the execution of continual improvement initiatives relative to Incident and Problem Management.
• Audit the process periodically to ensure compliance to policy and standards.
• Function as the primary point of escalation for day-to-day process operations.
• Identify skill gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team and provide relevant process training as needed.
• Evaluate Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) Survey results in order to identify and drive improvements to the end user experience.
• Participate in Major Incident post mortem reviews to help ensure successful handoff from Incident Management to Problem Management.
• Participate in regular and/or ad-hoc Sev 1 Problem Management reviews with senior Digital Technology leadership.
• Provide best-practice guidance to all teams around effective utilization of proactive Problem Management practices to support the reduction of recurring Incidents.
• Conduct QA around Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation in order to protect the production environment.
• Facilitate the discussion between Problem owners and the Digital teams in order to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis to outline objectives that can be completed in order to design more resilient systems.
• Manage and execute ITSM projects and related initiatives with little to no supervision.
Education and qualifications:
• BA/BS degree from an accredited school preferred. Degree may be substituted with additional equivalent years of direct experience in the ITSM field.
• ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 Foundation certification.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in an ITSM role, preferably with direct responsibility for process design, execution and continual improvement.
• Experience working with ServiceNow, specially with proficiency in ITSM reporting.
• Ability to work in a large and matrixed corporate environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation.
• Ability to work with and influence all levels of management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical actions to a non-technical audience.
• Project and program management planning and organizational skills.
• Customer service oriented.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Energetic and have an excellent work ethic.
• Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
• ITIL Intermediate, Lean IT, Six Sigma, COBIT, PMP, Scrum or similar industry certifications.
• Experience with developing advanced reporting capabilities for ITSM process CSFs, KPIs and operational/performance metrics.
• Technical certifications such as Network+, Security+ CCNA, MCSE.
• Experience with Agile and DevOps principles.
• Experience with Vendor Management.
• Experience with managing people/teams.
• Experience in end user services, infrastructure or application support.
• Experience in the manufacturing industry.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again. Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees.
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Life insurance and disability coverage.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.