Associate Editor (HIRED)
The primary role of the associate editor is to produce useful programming that drives and engages a large audience. Most frequently, this means quarterbacking our newsletter, writing articles, editing articles and shooting photos/videos. The role reports to the Agenda’s founder and publisher, Ted Williams.
• Newsletter Production. You’ll be editing and adding to our newsletter from 7-9 p.m. each night.
• Writing. You’ll likely be writing 2-8 articles each week, depending on the news cycle.
• Editing. You’ll be copy editing articles, newsletters and social posts.
• Shooting. You’ll be taking photos and video for our social channels and articles.
• Other tasks from time to time will include product management (ex, help organize our event calendar) and event production (ex, help assist in event setup/execution).
• Competitive salary. Our target is to be in the top 10% compensation tier for all roles.
• Vacation and paid holidays. You get 28 total days off, including Christmas week and July 4th week.
• Learn new skills. If you’re looking to learn things, we’ll cover the bill (think conferences or classes).
• Paid parental leave. Including 8 weeks paid from birth.
• Hardware and software costs. 100% covered (ex: laptop, iPhone, phone bill, photoshop, etc).
• Simple expense accounts. We don’t ask questions, just act like an owner.