Director of Advancement, Alumni Engagement & Major Gifts
Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council is searching for a skilled Strategic Fundraiser, who is comfortable leading the efforts of stewardship and donor cultivation. Working with the CEO and Advancement Team, he/she will be a key member of the collaborative efforts in two main sectors: alumni engagement and major gifts ($1000 and over).
Working with the CEO, he/she will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive annual giving program with strategies for the expansion of major gifts from individuals and private foundations. The position works with senior staff, board members and volunteers in major donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The director is also responsible for developing and managing other effective fundraising activities, including direct mail and special events.
The Director will design a strategic approach for alumni engagement which will identify, strengthen connections, build community and inspire action to support Girl Scouts.
The right candidate will be a passionate connector and storyteller who can manage a portfolio of major donors, through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Responsibilities include expanding organization’s visibility among various donor circles through networking and marketing opportunities. Understanding of corporate giving programs, including cause related marketing, event sponsorship, employee donations and company matching gift programs highly desirable.
Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Commitment to meeting individual goals and supporting colleagues with team goals.
• Develop and manage an active portfolio of donors, private foundations and prospects.
• Develop and manage all fundraising activities set out in the annual giving program, including direct mail and acquisition campaigns, through setting strategies, monitoring goals and analyzing results.
• Develop an alumni outreach strategy to include cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
• Create and manage specific strategies for moving up donors, including the identification of prospects.
• Collaborate with program staff to maximize potential of all fundraising opportunities.
• Monitor team calendar of fundraising activities, events and mailings.
• Manage donor communications, including newsletters, solicitations, invitations and thank you letters.
• Supervise and coach Development Associate, as well as any development volunteers.
• Ensure donors are solicited and thanked in an accurate and timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential knowledge and skill requirement:
• 5+ years’ job experience in successful development and implementation of a comprehensive annual giving program with increasing levels of responsibility, including proven fundraising results.
• BA/BS or equivalent required.
• CFRE preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
• Some travel within Greater Charlotte and surrounding area required.
• Knowledge of the Charlotte community, philanthropic landscape, fundraising trends, etc.
Compensation and benefits:
• Starting salary is commensurate with experience, beginning in the $65,000-$70,000 range.
• Benefits include a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and optional vision coverage, life insurance, EAP, retirement plan and professional development opportunities.
• A flexible work environment is available and encouraged.
• This position is 40-hours per week FTE, located in the Charlotte, NC office.
• Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council is an equal opportunity employer.