I met Tyler Ford (founder of Industry Coworking) six years ago when I had just moved to Charlotte. At that time he was running a place called Lightbulb Coworking on the corner of Summit and Mint in South End. Great guy. Hadn’t seen him in six years.
Tyler strikes me as a laid-back guy that executes. He wouldn’t even get into a photo when I tried to force him. Heck, look at his LinkedIn:
Fast facts on Industry Coworking
- Current space is 9,000 square feet. Once their expansion is complete, Industry will be just over 23,000 square feet.
- Expansion will be 100 percent complete on October 1 (some space is already ready and tenants have moved in).
- Companies that call Industry Coworking home: Bedrock Business Media, DealCloud, TimeTap, BrewPublik, SierraMaya 360, Belles Creative, Formstack, Label (the nightclub), Elevate Magazine, Zomato, FridayD, Moxie Cycling Gear, Ridgetop Research Marketing Network Solutions, Tech Talent South, AIGA Charlotte, Lightbulb Creative, East Coast Entertainment, Charlotte Information Strategists, Charlotte One and more.
- In talks with hot pop-up coffee bar HEX Coffee on opening up a permanent location within the new Industry expansion area. Tyler gave it a “50-50” chance of happening. I love HEX Coffee.
- Industry’s private offices sell out quickly, but they continue to look for ways to cater to individual creatives. Tyler told me, “We are really excited about providing a great space for the individual person who just needs a great place to work. Our open desk membership is our best opportunity to continue to grow and bring more and more dynamic and like-minded people together … as well as help us become a larger resource for the creative, tech and entrepreneurial scene.”
- Industry has event and meeting spaces for groups of 10 to 125.
- The next #WeLoveCLT monthly event series will be hosted at Industry instead of #WeLoveCLT’s previous speaker spot, @809.
- Parking is free and there’s lots of it.
Enough words, let’s take a look around…
— Rob Cummings (@robcummingsclt) September 8, 2015