Corporate & Franchise Paralegal (HIRED)
• Prepare franchise documents under the direction of the General Counsel and in coordination with business group contacts. Assist with preparation and revision of the Franchise Disclosure Document. Communicate and correspond with franchisees on all aspects of the franchise legal process, including to address questions about the process and documents and ensure deadlines are met.
• Handle and assist in a variety of corporate governance matters, including managing the process of registering companies in new states to conduct business, prepare/file annual reports, prepare initial drafts of minutes, notices, consents and/or resolutions. Maintain corporate books and binders. Assist with compliance matters as requested by supervising attorney. Maintain and assist with corporate formalities, such as annual compliance filings. Organize and maintain board of directors’ materials and assist with legal department’s preparation for board and committee meetings.
• Manage company’s domestic and international trademark portfolio, including to effectively and timely communicate and coordinate with internal departments and/or outside counsel, perform preliminary internet and USPTO database searches for availability of trademarks or possible infringement, prepare forms for registration or renewal, track deadlines.
• Organize, manage and oversee upkeep of company’s franchising, trademark and corporate governance files and reports/spreadsheets, including to track various deadlines, address defaults and confer with supervising attorney.
• Assist internal and external counsel, as well as various business unit clients in various projects.
• Project tasks and project management responsibilities, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years’ experience as corporate paralegal in a major law firm setting. Paralegal Certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor.
• Excellent organization, analytical and record keeping skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and organize several projects, completing the same in a timely fashion. Ability to shift priorities as needed.
• Strong multi-tasking and research skills.
• Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong customer service focus.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to take direction and work independently as well as be a team player.
• Possess excellent judgment in decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately and with tactfulness.
• Extremely professional demeanor, demonstrates the highest level of personal integrity and adherence to ethical standards.
• Works well under pressure, team player, comfortable interacting with senior management and able to serve as liaison and point person for the department.
• Ability to remain flexible.
• Bojangles’ offers an excellent benefits plan which can be discussed during the interview process.