VP of Demand Generation
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly
We are seeking a driven, innovative and energetic demand generation leader, with a talent for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done. The VP, Demand Generation is a marketing team leader, responsible for the scalable, predictable and repeatable process of creating sales pipeline by guiding prospects all the way through the funnel, from anonymous to delighted customer. You will oversee all aspects of demand generation to achieve revenue goals that support the company’s fast-paced growth. The responsibilities of the role include strategy development, program execution, team management and process optimization.
This position requires an individual who is analytically minded, data-driven in their decision-making process and well versed in marketing technologies. The candidate must have a firm grasp of digital marketing best practices – yet have an innate curiosity to continually investigate new trends and disruptive approaches that may improve the company’s acquisition portfolio. The ideal executive would also be a skilled manager of people and embrace a hands-on, team approach. If you are a revenue-centric marketing leader that thrives on growth and scaling a modern B2B enterprise demand engine, this might be the perfect role for you.
• Develop and grow a high performing, metrics-driven, customer acquisition organization made up of campaign management, digital marketing, partner marketing and marketing operations.
• Lead strategic development of multi-channel direct and channel acquisition campaigns including but not limited to search, display, email, social, direct mail, events, ABM and content syndication.
• Meet and exceed pipeline development goals and other leading indicators of demand.
• Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline and bookings.
• Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly.
• Work closely with Product Marketing to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging and content needs.
• Work closely with product marketing, marketing communications, market outreach and development and sales to ensure message optimization and cross-functional alignment.
• Ensure a highly productive relationship with sales, driving strong alignment on campaign strategy as well as pipeline and win rate objectives.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of end-user purchasing behavior and industry trends to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
• Optimize targeting, creative, media and budget allocation to maximize effectiveness and ROI.
• Assess new trends and drive continual improvement of the acquisition portfolio.
Areas of impact
• Focus on leading not managing. Set clear direction, bring people with you and deliver results.
• Work in collaboration with demand gen to attain an optimal marketing mix and to optimize resources to maximize market impact.
Experience and qualifications:
• Authority in B2B demand generation with 10+ years of experience in marketing in fast-paced technology companies.
• 5+ years of leadership experience in a field, demand gen, digital or campaign marketing role in a B2B organization.
• Proven track record of successfully launching and managing marketing campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics.
• Expert in B2B digital marketing, marketing automation, lead conversion, nurturing programs and marketing analytics.
• Big picture thinker with meticulous attention to detail.
• Proven experience scaling demand generation programs through technology, data and process.
• Strong analytical skills and metrics-based decision making.
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficiency with marketing automation and CRM systems.
• Prior experience in financial services or at a FinTech company a plus.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.