Business Development Associate
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In five years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion) and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
As a business development associate with the Opendoor Direct Access (ODA) team you will directly interface with our institutional real estate buyers (REITs, private equity real estate funds, family offices, etc.). You’ll work with our existing buyers (maintaining/expanding the relationships + facilitating transactions) as well as identify, educate and onboard new institutional buyers onto the platform. As a small, but rapidly growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a material role in the development of the team as we scale and get first-hand exposure to top-tier institutional real estate buyers. In turn — we’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats and aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to help us quickly scale.
As a Business Development Associated, you will:
• Be the primary or secondary point of contact for key institutional buyers in assigned markets, responsible for maintaining and expanding our relationships.
• Be the key account manager for a large volume of transactions, help facilitate the transactions on the Opendoor side + be the key point of contact for institutional buyers through the entire process.
• Help our new buyers scale into new markets as we launch them and transact with new product offerings if/when we launch them.
• Educate and onboard new/prospective institutional buyers, through a mix of in-person meetings, phone conversations and email.
• Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments.
• 1-4 years professional experience, Business Development, Key Account Management, Investment Banking or Business Consulting experience a strong plus.
• You have a demonstrated interest in real estate.
• Willingness to travel (could be as much as 75% of the time).
• You have a high EQ and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, are very process driven and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth.
• You’re OK with occasional weekend work.
• Willing to study for and pass real estate licensing exams if required.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.