Annual Fund Director
Charlotte Latin School is seeking an experienced, growth-oriented and collaborative Director to manage the School’s annual fund (the “Latin Fund”).
The Latin Fund Director will be responsible for the organization, implementation and successful execution of the Latin Fund. This position is responsible for the Latin Fund brand and the development, communication and extended reach of the Fund across the School community.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Establish Latin Fund objectives, multi-year goals and timelines for the annual fund.
• Provide a strategic and creative vision for acquiring, retaining and renewing gifts.
• Develop, test and employ new strategies for acquiring new, retaining current and reactivating lapsed donors.
• Create initiatives targeting young alumni, including mobile-friendly online giving and social media platforms.
• Add multiple channels of giving opportunities to existing, more traditional fundraising strategies such as email, direct mail and phone.
• Maximize unrestricted gifts in support of Charlotte Latin School and the Alumni Endowment from alumni, parents and other constituencies.
• Capitalize on the School’s 50th Anniversary in the 2019-2020 school year and delivering the established results needed for the Vision2020 capital campaign which will be completed in 2021.
• Collaborate with Advancement colleagues to use wealth screening and analytics to better select initiatives that will both advance and engage new donors.
• Collaborate with other Advancement staff to ensure that we maximize the potential of each donor prospect across the continuum from Admission to Planned Giving.
• Own the cultivation process, solicit and steward Latin Fund prospects and donors.
• Assist with prospect and volunteer identification. Leverage the power of our volunteers by identifying and leading them to advance the Latin Fund.
• Host one annual stewardship event for leadership donors (200+ attendees) and two to five smaller stewardship events (10-50 attendees) per year.
• Promote awareness and support for the Latin Fund throughout the Charlotte Latin community.
• Author articles, direct mail and email marketing content for purposes of Latin Fund solicitation and stewardship.
• Work with various in-house resources and outside agencies to produce video, mail and other collateral for the Latin Fund with an eye to leverage such work toward other initiatives as well.
Analysis and reporting
• Plan and execute the Latin Fund budget as part of the overall Development budget and report on progress to the Director of Development.
• Ensure that faculty, staff, volunteers, School leadership, Board of Trustees and board committees are kept up to date about the progress with the Latin Fund.
• Ensure the timely and flawless management of pledges and payments to the Latin Fund.
• Work within the database to accurately track Latin Fund actions, identify areas of improvement and create efficiencies within the database for best recording and reporting practices.
• The Latin Fund Director will work extensively with volunteers, internal resources and vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree and three+ years of successful Director-level Advancement work with focus on Annual Giving.
• Marketing and Communications experience from the Independent School or College sectors.
• Constant awareness of best practices in fundraising, in particular regarding Annual Fund work.
• A good listener with great interpersonal communication skills.
• Highest level of personal integrity.
• Goal oriented, results-driven fundraiser.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Strong social media skills. Must work well in a variety of constituent database programs, MS Office, Google+, web applications and get the role of technology in fundraising.
• Ability and willingness to work outside of regular business hours, including some weekends and evenings and to travel a few times per year nationally.