Corporate Event & Activation Senior Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop, project manage and implement major corporate events and activation strategy internally and externally that support key partnerships and strategic platforms. This is accomplished by understanding goals and objectives from strategic offer owners, building fully integrated activation plans and leading the implementation to achieve the desired business outcomes
• Individually develops and maintains event budgets of $4M+ and collectively manages over 25 million in event and activation budgets.
• Leads cross-functional internal and external teams to develop integrated activation strategy and directs the team through the planning and execution.
• Trains and directs multiple large vendor and agency teams through the event planning and execution process and is accountable for their work and performance.
• Recommends event and activation strategy to Lowe’s senior leadership and directs them through event planning and onsite execution.
• Continuously evaluates activation strategy to ensure company goals and objectives are being achieved. Present event recaps to executives leadership to highlight ROI, key outcomes and recommendations to improve future outcomes.
• Responsible for safety, wellbeing and overall experience for up to 5,000 event attendees including Lowe’s senior level executives.
• Develop execution plans that mitigate company risk and protect the company brand, reputation and employees by ensuring all execution plans adhere to tax regulations, comply with data security guidelines, protect the company from potential legal issues and have adequate insurance coverage.
• Exercise thought leadership and accountable for complex and quick decisions throughout the planning and execution process that impact attendee experience and overall program outcome.
• Responsible for sourcing, negotiating pricing and contractual terms and executing contracts for all event and activation services.
• Build complex communication plans, registration systems, project plans, run of show and other planning documents to lead cross-functional teams through the planning and execution of large scale events.
• Develop and implement strategic meeting management platform and provide consultation for meeting arrangers across enterprise.
Required education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing or Sports Management.
• 6+ years of experience in hotel/hospitality management, sports management, marketing, project management or related field.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.