Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Manually underwrite mortgage loan transactions submitted by our Correspondent and Wholesale lending clients to company and investor credit guidelines.
• Perform quality control audits of our third-party vendor to ensure mortgage loans met all company and investor credit guidelines and requirements.
• Review loan scenarios and communicate purchase/funding eligibility requirements to our Correspondent and Wholesale lending clients.
• Collaborate with internal staff (e.g., Underwriters, Account Managers, Processors, Closers, Operations Management, etc.) of our correspondent lending clients and third party-vendors throughout the review process to clear purchase/funding eligibility conditions.
• Work closely with processing staff to clear loan conditions throughout the process.
• Assist in handling loan-level credit and compliance questions and issues and in the preparation and dissemination of updated mortgage underwriting and compliance standards and procedures.
• Any and all other duties as requested by management.
Required skills, experience and abilities:
• Adopt the Deephaven culture that contributes to an environment of teamwork and promotes a positive company image to external customers.
• Comply with Deephaven policies and procedures.
• Complete all assigned training by required dates.
• Manual underwriting experience of a minimum of 3 years, not reliant on AUS. Non-QM experienced preferred.
• Ability to interpret, comprehend and apply guidelines on a loan level basis.
• Ability to manage pipeline to ensure SLA’s are met for initial underwrites, condition and final condition reviews.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
• Organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated.
• Knowledge of current regulatory compliance requirements.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Present self in a professional manner and interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts appropriately.
• Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel.
• College degree or comparable work experience.
• 6+ years of mortgage underwriting experience.
• Ability to complete responsibilities effectively and efficiently with minimal direction.
• Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.