Marketing & Development Specialist
Child Care Resources Inc. (CCRI) is seeking an organized and creative self-starter to work with the Institutional Advancement team supporting the agency’s development and marketing efforts. This full-time position will assist the Development Director in the planning and execution of all fundraising campaigns, income-generating events, grant seeking opportunities and integrated marketing campaigns. Key activities: developing communication strategies to drive fundraising, promote organizational messaging and increase brand awareness, planning monthly and quarterly marketing and communications initiatives, designing online and print materials for CCRI’s services and target audiences, maintaining CCRI’s donor database, increasing CCRI’s online presence and email marketing and managing vendor relations.
• Create and deliver well-written communications across all marketing channels.
• Identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
• Manage CCRI’s email marketing campaigns.
• Update CCRI’s website and social media accounts.
• Maintain marketing database and community engagement calendar.
• Manage creative development, production and vendor relations to meet agency needs.
• Coordinate staff, board and volunteer participation in events.
• Understand CCRI’s mission, services and brand.
• Work with internal staff to write copy for campaigns and support content creation.
• Create talking points and promotional materials for development and marketing events.
• Ensure that external communications adhere to brand standards and align with messaging.
• Provide staffing and photography for events and work to build CCRI’s photo library.
• Develop, distribute and follow-up to secure placement for media releases, PSAs, stories.
• Maintain media contact list and document agency coverage.
• Assist in grant writing for general operating and program support.
• Assist with development of internal communications.
• Promote a positive image of CCRI in the community.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with shifting priorities.
• Proven time management and organization skills and the ability to work independently.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff, board and volunteers.
• Proficiency in web-based content management platforms (WordPress preferred).
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC).
• Familiarity with email marketing platforms and CRM software (Salsa preferred).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Flexibility to deliver projects on deadline and within budget.
• Ability to apply technology solutions (independently or with vendors) to execute duties.
• HTML/CSS/PHP experience a plus.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (marketing or related discipline preferred).
• Related job experience in marketing, digital marketing and fundraising.
• Experience writing and editing organizational communications and marketing materials.
Certifications, licenses and registrations:
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Auto Liability Coverage
• Own transportation.
Work environment and physical demands:
The work environment is that of a general office environment with physical demands representative of established, general office activities. Some evening and weekend work is required. Must be able to travel locally in Charlotte and the surrounding area, as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.