Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a nonprofit regional land trust that protects the land, water and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin. Stewardship of the CLC’s protected lands is a critical function and includes monitoring of conserved land, managing public access, protecting and enhancing conservation values and ensuring compliance with third party restrictions. CLC is the lead agency for The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people.
The development associate is responsible for providing administrative and fundraising support to ensure efficient operation of the office. This position reports to the executive director and director of development and also supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to fundraising, membership, Board support, event planning, office management, organizational finance and public communication. You will communicate via phone, email and in-person ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered in a timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining accuracy of entire donor database. Perform periodic review and update of database and reconcile periodically with accounting.
• Create and deliver weekly fundraising reports to development director and executive director.
• Train staff on correct usage of database.
• Process donations through the database and prepare acknowledgment letters and call list for staff.
• Provide assistance in management of CTT capital campaign.
• Manage donation renewal process utilizing database reports to create donor reports, mailings and emails.
• Prepare donor lists for annual report and membership graphs in Excel.
• Run other reports and appeals as needed – event invitations, newsletter lists, etc.
• Maintain inventory of letterhead, envelopes and other business stationary and coordinate with marketing director on reordering.
Special event support
• Assist with event logistics such as communication with event committees, booking food, beverage, music, décor etc and managing RSVP lists.
• Maintain updated lists of sponsors and ensure sponsor deliverables are fulfilled and communicate with sponsors.
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for the Executive Director.
• Maintain and update Executive Director’s contact lists.
CLC and CTT board support
• Manage new Board orientation and prepare handbooks for both CLC and CTT.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations for all board meetings with staff’s prepared slides.
• Attend board meetings and take meeting minutes.
• Track meeting RSVP’s to ensure quorum is met.
• Prepare and distribute packets to board members via email.
• Maintain accurate listing of Board rosters and contact information.
• Draft and send other Board communications as needed.
• “Team-over-self” personality, professional and positive attitude.
• High-energy team player with a passion for conservation and a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds to accomplish CLC’s mission.
Education and skill set:
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Proven administrative or assistant experience with a minimum of an Associate’s degree. Completion of a four-year degree preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a must, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Prior knowledge of donor databases preferred, (i.e. Raisers Edge, Salsa, DonorPro).
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
This position is full-time (40 hours a week) with medical benefits, paid time off, Simple IRA with matched contribution.