Novant Health is seeking a Communications Specialist to receive critical medical helicopter transportation requests and relay that information to the helicopter crew serving the region in a timely manner. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
• Education – high school diploma required.
• Experience – minimum 2 years’ experience in a health center/EMS/911/aviation dispatching work environment required. 2 years of work experience as an EMT or Paramedic in a 911 or hospital environment may be considered.
• NAACS certification preferred.
• Emergency Medical Dispatch certification preferred.
• Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic certification preferred.
Additional skills required
• Ability to remain calm during highly stressful situations.
• Must be able to articulate technical information clearly via radio transmission and be readily understood by others in stressful situations.
• Enunciation and articulation are critical to success.
Why work with us:
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time. Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement. The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care. All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.