The primary role of the Search Manager is to plan, implement and manage the day-to-day operations of SEM/PPC and programmatic campaigns, as well as strategically contribute to clients’ organic search visibility. The Search Manager will work directly with the Search Director, the Search Coordinator, Media Planners and Buyers, the Digital Content Strategist, Content Leads, Website Developers and the Digital Strategy and Measurement Director to plan, execute and optimize paid media campaigns, organic content campaigns and website development and provide creative and strategic insights for reporting/dashboards and campaign and/or content evolution.
The Search Manager will have a strong working knowledge of how search engines work and how they index, file and serve content. They will also be highly skilled in keyword research, bid management, SEM ad copywriting, campaign structure best practices, strategic analysis and optimizations and creative problem-solving. They will maintain Google Ads certifications and demonstrate success in SEO. You will be a part of a collaborative Search team within Connections and provides a holistic search service to benefit clients across multiple Wray Ward services: paid media, public relations, content, creative, digital and website development.
This job description serves as an overall summary of responsibilities for the position outlined. Please note it is subject to change with specific expectations associated with the position.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with assigned account teams and Search Director to develop and recommend strategies, tactics and budgets to achieve project or campaign objectives and goals.
• Participate in creating plans and proposals for new and existing clients.
• Maintain current knowledge of SEO, paid search and programmatic changes, trends and industry best practices.
• Maintain knowledge of assigned clients’ business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
• Effectively communicate with the Search Director, Project Managers, Account Leads and other account team members regarding insights, project developments and performance.
• Analyze assigned projects and campaigns, identify month-over-month and YTD trends, develop insights for reports/dashboards and generate optimization recommendations to achieve results.
• Share new and expanding capabilities within assigned account teams on relevant issues such as targeting updates, product and platform updates, trends, capabilities, etc.
• Effectively manage time and budgets for assigned client projects.
Paid search and programmatic responsibilities
• Set up, analyze and optimize campaigns based on best practices to achieve results with an eye on strategic metrics and KPIs.
• Work with production and ad ops on trafficking and production needs for assigned accounts.
• Achieve and maintain Google certifications in paid search, display and analytics, including one additional required certification in mobile and video.
• Bring new ideas to the team and champion the use of paid opportunities to reach audiences.
• Develop search engine visibility strategies through functional and strategic website audits, problem-solving ideation and research, keyword research, content strategy development, on-page optimization execution and technical development team guidance.
• Certification from SEMrush for SEO or HubSpot Inbound Marketing a plus.
• Proven success fostering relationships and building confidence with clients – ability to show diplomacy, flexibility and grace under pressure.
• Communicate clearly with Account Leads, Project Managers and other team members regarding project objectives and deliverables.
• Listen well and solve problems to achieve the most effective outcome for the client, team and agency.
• Develop strong relationships across the agency, specifically with all Media, PR/Content, Digital Creative and Client Engagement team members.
• Be a champion for agency process and best practices for the delivery of digital media and web-based experiences.
• 3+ years’ experience managing display and/or paid search campaigns for an agency or media company.
• Proficiency with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Amazon Advertising Platform and Google Analytics.
• Strong working knowledge of how search engines work, SEO best practices and organic traffic analysis.
• Thorough knowledge of SEM/PPC optimization techniques and best practices.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong ability to balance multiple projects/clients at once and prioritize work with evolving and competing timelines, budgets and availabilities while anticipating potential issues.
• Basic technical web development knowledge.
• Experience with digital marketing tools such as Google Search Console, Google keyword or display planning tools, MozBar, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEMrush, SpyFu, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and various CMS systems.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Wray Ward to sponsor individuals for work visas. Wray Ward participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
Wray Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.