Data & Reporting Analyst (HIRED)
Xceleration is an industry-leading provider of incentive and recognition solutions for corporations looking to boost the performance of their employees, dealers or customers. We utilize our proprietary web-based software platform as a starting point, customizing for each client to maximize results against their objectives. Xceleration has locations in Charlotte, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, New York and Los Angeles.
Are you passionate about data? Do you find it rewarding to present business insights in a clear, effective manner? Do you find it necessary to back your opinions up with concrete, well-documented facts? Xceleration is currently seeking a Data & Reporting Analyst to join our growing Charlotte-based team, acting as a solutions developer for data and business intelligence. The Data & Reporting Analyst will be challenged to discover business insights using data mining, while taking a leading role in designing a business intelligence software stack that delivers rich data visualizations.
• Working hands-on with program data in to identify trends, make recommendations and research inquiries.
• Architect program reporting solutions.
• Drive enhancements to enforce data integrity and improve database efficiency.
• Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment.
• Take a leading role in determining project scope.
• Assess and cultivate long-term product goals in conjunction with end users, managers, clients and other stakeholders.
• Enhance existing data models and reports.
• Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgment.
• Strategically plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 1-3 years of experience working with any relational database.
• Fluency in: SQL Server/T-SQL syntax and experience with the Microsoft BI stack, including.
• SQL Server Management Studio for relational database operations.
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL operations.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report generation.
• SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular and/or Cube data modeling and associated application-specific languages (DAX,MDX).
• Experience using dashboarding technologies such as Tableau, Pyramid Analytics or Power BI.
• Knowledge of backend technologies like Node.JS, Microsoft .NET framework, Java and Python will also be helpful.
• Basic understanding of Unix/Linux shell, whether using bash, zsh or C shell, will be useful.
• Experience working with technologies from any large cloud provider, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure is useful.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Communication skills and personal qualities
• Ability to craft targeted, concise communications for varied audiences.
• Ability to embrace alternative points of view, approach problems with ambitious curiosity and take risks where appropriate.
• Strong focus on process efficiency and driving continuous improvement.
• Strong personal accountability, with a willingness to acknowledge mistakes and work proactively to resolve problems.
• Excitement for working on a team that will collaboratively solve problems and design solutions across the organization.
• Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and a willingness to work collaboratively to better define requirements when necessary.
• Strong focus on continuous learning and professional development.