HMIS Administrator (HIRED)
The Homeless Management Information System Administrator guides county staff and community partners in expanding participation, improving processes and procedures for data collection, data quality, data analysis and implementing best practices and new HMIS features. This position supports the County’s priority to end homelessness by ensuring that high-quality data and analysis of service strategies are available to the County and its partner agencies to support the annual Federal HUD application for funding for homeless services and to guide resource allocation decisions.
Preferential consideration may be offered to applicants with knowledge and experience in:
• Creation and utilization of databases to track, report, analyze and interpret characteristics of the clients and populations served.
• Human service program measurement of inputs, outputs and outcomes.
• Human service project management.
• Working with individuals with disabilities and barriers associated to housing instability and homelessness.
• Ensures data accuracy, data quality and compliance with HUD reporting measures for Continuum of Care.
• Ensures that the HMIS program is maintained and used so that community programs and community needs can be measured and evaluated.
• Reports outcomes to project and community partners.
• Recommends changes to the homeless service system based on outcomes.
• Serves as point of contact for inquiries and issues from end-users related to HMIS.
• Provides technical and user support for software and supports quality, accessibility and functionality of HMIS for partner agencies.
• 3 years’ experience in health and human services, program evaluation and/or training. Experience must include database management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology or counseling; or a combination of relevant education and relevant experience.