California Closets is the North American Leader in the “Custom Storage” category. We design, manufacture, and install organizational systems for our client’s homes. This includes closets, home offices, garages, laundry rooms, media centers, pantries, etc. We are a 40-year old company that prides itself on being the best in the marketplace. You can view samples of our work on our website.
If you’re interested in building stunning spaces, we’re interested in showing you how.
The main responsibility of this position is to install our exceptional, custom products in our clients’ homes. These systems can range from celebrity style walk-in closets to custom-designed furniture and integrated wall beds. Installers usually work solo but occasionally work as a team during large projects. We will provide paid, on the job training to the right candidate with the right personality.
Want a better idea of what a California Closet Installer does? Click here to view a time-lapse of a simple closet installation.
• Trade experience is a plus, but we will train the right candidate.
• Minimum of 1 year in customer service. We provide a unique customer experience and need people who can produce detailed custom work while delivering top-notch customer service.
• Clean driving record, with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
• Ability to lift 50-75 pounds, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb stairs, kneel, crouch.
• Experience with common hand and power tools.
• Must be clean-cut, drug-free, honest, responsible, reliable, trainable, easy to work with, a strong communicator, and take pride in your work with great attention to detail.
• Comfortable working with your hands – Our best installers seem to have a natural ability with hand tools. Prior experience is not required but a mechanical aptitude is a plus.
• Pride in your work – This is non-negotiable. You have to feel like the product you install is a representation not only of our company but also of you. A high level of commitment to a quality end product is required to do this job well.
• Relaxed temperament – Our best installers are cool in the face of pressure and don’t get bent out of shape when something requires problem-solving. Maintaining a positive, constructive attitude, even on difficult installs is important to success in this role.
• Customer-centric – We work in people’s homes and while we are there, we are guests in their house. Proper respect for this is a must. Always being on time, keeping a clean and organized work site, and using courteous language is essential.
• Hardworking – A strong work ethic is important in this job. A typical week is 40 hours but there will be times that more will be required.