HR Consultant (HIRED)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
• Provides consultative support for human resource issues and initiatives which impacts leaders and teammates of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS).
• Makes recommendations to leaders for the development, design and roll out of programs and initiatives with guidance from HR leaders and team members.
• Partners with subject matter expert on policies, procedures and fundamentals of all core areas of human resources.
• Interprets CHS policy and procedure and provides advice to management relating to possible consequences for employment actions taken which deviate from CHS standard policy and practice or federal and/or state employment laws. Assesses exposure to legal risk when such actions are viewed to be in violation of federal or state employment laws, consulting leadership as needed.
• Serves as point person for issues/concerns regarding division database management and reporting.
• Consults with leaders to develop and recommend HR solutions and the development, selection, implementation and management of HR strategies.
• Assists leader to plan, develop and manage HR programs and services.
• Makes recommendations for the development and implementation on HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provides HR expertise, including advice and counsel, to leaders for assigned HR Division strategy development and execution.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 2 years of related experience required.
• 2 years of experience in Human Resources preferred. HR certification (i.e., CCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS) preferred based on role.
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Has strong computer and customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred.
• Proficient in PeopleSoft and a similar HRIS preferred.
• Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
• Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time.
• May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis.
• Some standing and walking is required.
• Must speak and understand English fluently.
• Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively.
• Good hearing is required for related communications.
Why work with us:
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations. As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.