Field Sales Representative (HIRED)
We are thrilled to begin distributing our delicious beers outside of our South End campus in Charlotte, NC. Are you an organized, energetic, passionate craft beer lover with a couple of years’ experience as a successful sales rep in the industry? Are you a problem solver who is dedicated to customer service? We need you on our team. As a Field Sales Representative, you will be responsible for growing sales and increasing our overall brand presence through building and maintaining client relationships in the Charlotte, NC MSA.
• Sell our delicious beer in the Charlotte, NC territory ensuring that pre-determined goals are met. This will involve a considerable amount of time in the field making sales calls and targeting key accounts and delivering product.
• Identify accounts that are not carrying our beer and successfully on board them to increase market presence.
• Manage, grow and service existing and “house accounts”.
• Deliver beer to customers which will require the ability to regularly lift and/or move kegs safely using proper equipment.
• Organize daily and weekly sales call and delivery lists in advance and have a clear plan to manage the assigned territory.
• Track and monitor progress and accomplishments and submit sales reports as required.
• Ensure proper product allocation for client based on inventory and production levels.
• Organize and conduct special events, festivals, beer dinners, tap takeovers and tastings frequently and regularly.
• Work in collaboration with the Sales and Brew Team to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
• Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense and mileage reports, work calendar, etc.).
• Represent Suffolk Punch Brewing in a professional manner that reflects the company’s values at all times.
• Occasionally troubleshoot issues related to draft systems and have the ability to assist clients if necessary.
• Perform other business related duties as assigned.
• 2 years’ experience in craft beer sales with proven record of increasing sales.
• Must love craft beer and the craft beer scene.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
• Must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft outlook and have reliable internet access from place of residence.
• Must live in the area where the position is located.
• Flexible work schedule is required. Representatives schedules will fluctuate based on needs. You will be asked to work weekends and special events.
• Good judgment and a history of maintaining same is required.
• A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment. Clean driving record for past 5 years required.
• Representative will always act within the limits of the law and will promote the education of responsible consumption at all times including during working hours, trade shows, festivals, etc.
• Representative must be willing and able to regularly engage in activities that are physically rigorous – including, the ability to lift kegs weighing 55 lbs. and be able to move 165 lbs. kegs by sliding them and by using proper moving and loading equipment.
• Background check required. Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Existing relationships with local industry contacts is preferred.
• Cicerone or Certified Beer Server designations are ideal.
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary plus commission to be customized based on experience and qualifications.
• Health insurance options available.
• This is a full-time exempt position for the purposes of federal wage-law and will not be eligible for overtime pay for hours actually worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. Workdays and hours will vary between weekdays, weekends, days and nights.
Suffolk Punch Brewing is an equal opportunity employer.