The Marketing Associate at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (Whitewater) assists in projecting and extending the reach of Whitewater’s brand across a variety of platforms. This position plays an integral role in the execution of marketing deliverables. Balancing project coordination with broad-reaching department assistance, this position will provide support to the sourcing, planning, management, distribution and analysis of Whitewater’s various marketing campaigns.
Development, research and analysis
• Progressively develop an ongoing and intimate knowledge of the outdoor industry and culture to ensure that all marketing efforts are aligned with the authentic, outdoor lifestyle and the Whitewater brand.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Whitewater brand, products and services.
• Proactively research and analyze opportunities for brand awareness across a variety of platforms to engage the organization’s target market and community.
• Create trackable and data-driven recaps and reports for all advertising efforts.
• Gather, analyze and create reports on consumer behavior data as well as marketing and sales metrics.
Project coordination and execution
• Source, analyze and recommend effective advertising opportunities across a variety of mediums to promote Whitewater’s programming, products and services.
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing deliverables to ensure on-time execution and alignment with brand standards.
• Provide assistance to the Marketing Department executing daily administrative tasks.
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department to assist in the development, creation and revision of various media assets used within all marketing campaigns.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising or another related discipline.
• A strategic, critical thinker and creative problem solver.
• Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset.
• Efficient and effective communication skills both internally and externally.
• This position can occasionally be physically demanding and a moderate level of physical fitness is necessary for success.
• Team player with flexibility in schedule for varied workweeks and event coverage – nights, weekends and holidays required.
• Facility access.
• Staff discount program.
• Health, Dental and Vision.
• Flexible Spending Account.
• Paid time off.
Why work with us:
The U.S. National Whitewater Center is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the U.S. National Whitewater Center has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction and youth programming as well as its festivals, races and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the U.S. National Whitewater Center for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the U.S. National Whitewater Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.