Carowinds announced yesterday plans to expand and rebrand their waterpark, which will make them home to the largest waterpark in the Carolinas. Carolina Harbor will open in 2016 and will feature a combination of thrills, relaxation and family fun.
- Carolina Harbor will have twice as many water slides as the current Boomerang Bay.
- This is part of a $50 million-plus expansion project at the park.
- Access to the waterpark will be included with park admission. Carowinds park admission costs $49.99 for a single day ticket and $89.99 for a fast pass ticket.
- Some of the highlights of the updated waterpark include a six-story tall water slide, a two-acre family area with over 80 play elements and a wave pool that creates up to 6 six foot waves.
- Additional amenities include sand volleyball courts, plush cabanas and Harbor House (a new restaurant with two 2,400-square-foot patios).
- Carowinds also announced that they will be opening a 3,000-square-foot Starbucks near the main park entrance and that they will be debuting “Cirque Imagine” next June.
“We listened to our guests and have made a promise to bring them more family-friendly attractions and we’re happy to be delivering on our promise with the addition of Carolina Harbor – a guaranteed ultimate waterpark experience. Carowinds is growing by leaps and bounds and continues to put the park on the map as the premier entertainment destination of the Carolinas.” – Mike Fennel, Carowinds Vice President and General Manager