• To implement the Project 658 ministry mission, vision and strategy.
• To provide leadership and direction for the kitchen and feeding-related projects of the ministry.
• Reports to the Project 658 Event Director in the staff leadership organizational chart. Under the general oversight of the Executive Chef.
• Goal is to fulfill the mission of Project 658 by fulfilling all 658 Catering orders as part of 658 events and helping with the 658 Culinary Program
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with planning, set-up, execution and clean-up for in-house and outside catering orders.
• Staff the kitchen during set-up, execution and clean-up for in house and outside catering.
• Determine and execute staff needs in for set-up, execution and clean up for kitchen and front of house for in-house and outside catering orders.
• Communicate with event staff before, during and after event.
• Prepare taste testings for potential clients upon request.
• Collaborate with Executive Catering chef about menu ideas.
• Maintain annual and weekly budget goals.
Ordering/storing food products
• Execute ordering for catering and culinary programs.
• Practice proper handling and storage according to ServSafe standards.
• Monitor fridges/freezers/walk-in.
• Maintain 35% food cost and below.
• Cost out menus.
• Execute requirements for Second Harvest partnership.
• Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitation
• Exhibit practical organization for dry storage, refrigerators and paper goods
• Monitor equipment and chemical levels
• Create relationships and possible contractual catering relationships
• Plan meetings with possible clients
• Execute fundraising events (private cooking classes, Chefs for Change, holiday family activities, etc)
• Assist with the culinary training program through teaching and instruction.
• Assist in the recruitment and placement of culinary program participants.
• Provide culinary students with opportunities to staff in-house and outside catering orders.
Project 658 staff team
• Attend staff meetings, retreats, fundraising events and all staff related functions.
• Weekly accountable meetings with Event Director.
• Will be administratively supported by the administrative staff.
• Set 90-day wins and manage scorecard data entry.
• Work hours – 40 hours weekly.
• Salary compensation – $35,000 annually.