Demolition is now complete at Tabbris, and this giant new coworking space is aiming for an April 1 grand opening.
The South End property was purchased for $4.1 million, and the owners told me they’re spending about $2.2 million on the renovation.
The space is at 1300 South Blvd. (the same building as Lincoln’s Haberdashery).
Here’s a quick snapshot of the coworking space:
- Total space is 23,500 square feet
- Aiming for about 400 members
- 42 private offices ranging from smaller 8-by-6-foot spaces to a space large enough to accommodate a 10-person team
- 16 dedicated work stations
- 260 additional “hot desk” work stations
- Bar area that will feel like a coffee shop during the day
- Event space capable of holding more than 200 people
- Pricing is not available right now, but will be similar to WeWork
- Recording studio for Podcasts and Video as well as showers and dedicated parking
- TVs throughout the building and office members can ask for touch screen upgrades
- Offices will all have ethernet hookups for gigabyte internet
View renderings of Tabbris
Tabbris will be using DIRTT, a module interior system, for their offices which allows for walls to be easily reconfigured so the office spaces can be changed within 24 hours.
Tabbris has hired Perkins+Will to do the design, Balfour Betty to do the construction and CBI is doing all of the furniture.
If you’re looking to reserve space or get more information, sign up for updates at Tabbris.co, or email Tabbris Co-Founder Jeff Brokaw at jeff(at)tabbris.co. The concept was also co-founded by Team Envy Co-Owner John Brock.