General Manager – Charlotte
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion) and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Our company is national, but many parts of what we do are local: we’re in the business of buying and selling homes, which we need to repair, clean and get ready for market. Our customers are also local: they look for a new home in a particular neighborhood or school district and they sell in the same way. Our local offices are responsible for understanding and serving the local market and all of the homes we buy and sell there.
The General Manager – Charlotte will have ultimate responsibility for our success in Charlotte. You will lead a cross-functional team to drive growth, ensure a delightful customer experience for both sellers and buyers and oversee efficient daily operations that produce beautiful homes, as quickly and efficiently as possible. This role is highly collaborative, you will interact with our leadership team in San Francisco and in other cities.
• Own our growth strategy in Charlotte, partnering with Finance to set goals and with Marketing & PR to execute across channels.
• Own our performance metrics in Charlotte you’ll monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends.
• Own the Charlotte budget: you’ll oversee spend on our homes and on marketing.
• Hire and manage a local team that spans multiple functions across growth, business development and operations. You’ll monitor team productivity, manage them to goals and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with our company values.
• Drive a delightful customer experience: you’ll work with your team to build and implement processes that inspire trust, from the moment a customer first reaches out to us, to the moment we close. You’ll be maniacal about reviews and customer feedback.
• Be an internal champion for Charlotte, you’ll represent the office to our HQ in San Francisco and other offices and agitate when you see things that need solving.
• Be the external face of Opendoor in Charlotte: you’ll represent Opendoor to local press and important industry partners and vendors.
• At least 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, marketing or general management and at least 2 years of experience running a business or business unit.
• Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators.
• Bachelors degree.
• Experience working at a high-growth company.
• Experience in real estate.
• You’ve lived in the city for at least 2 years.
Why work with us:
Opendoor values Openness. Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds, being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.