HR Advisor – Affirmative Action/EEO
The Employers Association is an HR Tools, Advice and Training firm that serves over 950 member organizations in the greater Charlotte area. Our member companies range in size from small businesses to large corporations. Our team of experts help those companies manage, develop, engage and retain their most important asset, their people.
We were founded in 1958 to serve the HR needs of businesses. We are a full-service firm that delivers HR advice & services, computer, professional development and leadership training and benefits administration. Working with our team, you will have direct access to our experts, our leadership, our members and clients and our partners. Compensation is competitive and the benefits and work environment are exceptional. Join our HR team to help build great employers and workplaces.
The HR Advisor-Affirmative Action/EEO will work with members and clients to provide subject matter expertise in Affirmative Action and EEO compliance.
• Write Affirmative Action Plans for members and clients. Collect and analyze data. Evaluate processes and procedures such as applicant flow, promotions, terminations, salaries, investigations, accommodations and more.
• Present results and advise members and clients on implementation, ongoing compliance and best practices. Deliver additional support and training as requested.
• Provide advice and guidance on required reports such as EEO-1, VETS 4212 and affirmative action reports.
• Design and conduct presentations and training classes on non-discrimination and other HR topics as assigned.
• Serve as part of the HR Advisor team of experts and handle other HR projects and inquiries as assigned.
• Engage in membership and marketing efforts to recruit and engage new and current members.
• Strong consultative and analytical skills.
• Excellent project management skills, including attention to detail and follow-up.
• Strong customer service focus & ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and training skills.
• Ability to confidently interface with and advise all levels of leaders and professionals.
• Strong networking skills and knowledge of the local business and/or HR community.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a business/professional services setting required.
• Four years of human resources generalist experience with some exposure to Affirmative Action Plans or two years of AAP experience required.
• College graduate or equivalent required.
• Strong Excel and database skills required. Exposure to multiple software platforms preferred.
Why work with us:
We are a growing, 30-person firm and can help you develop in your career in many areas relating to Affirmative Action, non-discrimination and more. We look for people who are team players willing to get their job done but also pitch in to help wherever needed. Consultative and analytical skills, interpersonal skills, dependability and a great attitude are as important as HR/AAP/EEO skills in this position.