Director of Sales
Named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row, Elements Brands has a startup feel and a focus on results, collaboration and learning fast. We are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Director of Sales is a huge part of that plan. We are very excited to meet you.
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Sales to lead our sales department and take charge of lead generation, direct phone and email outreach and customer lifecycle across our entire portfolio of brands. If you have experience scaling a consumer brand in retail – this is your chance to join a high growth startup, take your career to the next level and make a major impact.
This is an opportunity to build a sales department from the ground up. You will inherit two direct reports and be responsible for establishing process, setting goals and designing an incentive system that motivates your team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial player-coach who can design a sales department for growth and also jump in and sell to help the team make quota. You should be a natural salesperson with a knack for people and a strong drive to succeed.
Put simply – your role will be to make revenue go up. You and your team will do that by prospecting and closing new retail accounts at scale and then staying close to those customers to ensure they are successful and reorder frequently. We’ll expect that you set ambitious targets and motivate your team (and yourself) to hit them.
Our products are sold nationwide through a variety of retail partners, including Walmart, Walgreens, Bed Bath & Beyond and over 1,000 mom-and-pop retailers. We rely on technology to manage these relationships – from EDI integration with our larger partners, to a custom-developed in-house ordering system for our smaller mom-and-pop customers.
To be a good fit for this job you must have:
• Several years of experience leading an outbound sales team with an emphasis on metrics and performance.
• Background in the consumer products industry – direct relationships in the beauty/personal care or pet products industries preferred.
• Experience working with retailers of all sizes, especially independent and boutique retailers.
• A love for CRM systems – you should share our belief that if it’s not in the CRM, it never happened.
• A strong grasp of the sales process of consumer goods including customer relations, sales presentation development, product database upkeep and lead generation.
• A desire to get your hands dirty in a small company where your work matters.
• Compensation is commensurate with experience.
• Base salary plus commission.
• Full benefits package with 401(k) matching, company-paid health insurance and unlimited vacation.