Risk Analysis Specialist (HIRED)
Bank of America – Merrill Lynch is looking for a Risk Analysis Specialist in the Critical Use Spreadsheet Validation team. The group is a multi-national team within Enterprise Model Risk Management primarily based in Charlotte. It covers all aspects of Critical Use Spreadsheet validation for the company to ensure that Critical use spreadsheets meet the requirements of the Spreadsheet Control policy.
• Validate Stress Testing, Liquidity, Pricing and Valuation Spreadsheets to ensure they meet the requirements of the Spreadsheet policy.
• This validation will encompasses the review of the underlying controls, data transformation and design of the spreadsheet being validated.
• Identify/quantify risks associated with the spreadsheet being validated.
• Prepare validation report and communicate results of the validation to the FLU/spreadsheet owner.
• Maintain a sub-portfolio of spreadsheet inventory and perform re-reviews, Required Actions Items closure.
• Bachelor’s degree in either accounting, economics, finance or other business degree (CPA / CFA / MBA Finance is preferred).
• Expert MS Excel knowledge and solid analytical skills.
• Must have a familiarity and demonstrated working knowledge with programming language such as SAS, VBA, Python or R.
• 3-5 years of Risk Management / Audit experience working for a financial services firm.
• Well organized, detail-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills.