Director of Marketing (HIRED)
• You have a developed knowledge of the business including consumers and the marketplace.
• Establishes marketing and communications strategies and plans based on economic trends, consumer wants and needs, research data and agency or vendor partnerships.
• Adapts strategies and programs for local markets. Maintains awareness of market trends, competitors and consumer requirements.
• Reviews competitive intelligence and benchmarks other systems and industries for best practices.
• Additionally, identifies leverage and segmentation opportunities and provides proactive counsel with very senior-level clients while monitoring planning and implementation to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner. Results, recommendations and refined plans must be presented candidly and credibly to clients.
• This role requires the experience and expertise to interact as a peer and trusted advisor with senior teams.
• As the relationship manager for a senior leader, you need a developed strong knowledge of the assigned business/function, including consumers and the marketplace.
• Provides proactive counsel to very senior-level clients while monitoring planning and implementation to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience in marketing communications planning and implementation, preferably in an organization where marketing drives revenue.
• Experience in marketing, strategic planning and managing multiple projects required.
• Consulting experience preferred.
Additional skills required
• Ability to proactively identify client needs and shape a clear strategic vision for marketing and communications activity, communicating ideas and recommendations to both client and marketing/PR staff and vendors.
• Consulting skills, including demonstrated influencing capability, strong communication and ability to move seamlessly from big-picture to project detail.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Proactively approaches issues taking ownership to drive resolution.
• Seasoned communications professional, team player and excellent writer.
• Ability to understand the big picture and how each line of business impacts overall company goals.
• Must be able to juggle many deadlines and projects and work with multiple team members to achieve goals across many lines of business.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time. Our team members are part of an environment that fosters teamwork, team member engagement and community involvement. The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care. All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.