Front Desk Receptionist (HIRED)
Performs all necessary front-office duties, which includes the greeting of all visitors and guests by telephone and at the front office. Regular schedule is 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Serves as a pleasant first contact for the church.
• Answers all incoming telephone calls and processes calls appropriately.
• Receives all visitors to the church office and announces visitor arrival to staff members.
• Sorts, classifies, distributes into mail slots all incoming mail (including fax transmissions) and does the same for outgoing mail.
• Maintains church postage accounts.
• Assists with hospital lists and member notification board
• Serves as telephone systems trainer and voicemail coordinator.
• Secures work area before departure each day.
• Copies and sends tapes of worship services when requested.
• Provides administrative support to Church Administrator and other Senior Staff as needed.
• Assists members as required with postage, copying and other similar tasks.
• Maintains reservation system for meals and special church events and reports numbers as appropriate.
• Restocks copy machine and fax machine before departure each day.
• Forms effective working relationships and rapport with members and staff.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other duties as requested.
• Undergraduate degree and/or training in front-office environment or equivalent training.
• Possess good communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail.
• Capable of 60 CPWM and must be computer literate.
• MS Word and Excel required, knowledge/experience with Shelby Systems or ACS preferred.
• Familiarity with typical Christian church program activities is preferred.