Social/Digital Strategist (HIRED)
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Stakeholder Relations brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s critical stakeholders. Responsible for monitoring the current environment and developing comprehensive stakeholder strategies across various influencer groups, the team includes Corporate Communications, Government Relations & Public Policy, Investor Relations, Philanthropy, Community Relations and Diversity & Inclusion.
What you will do:
Reporting to Head of Content Strategy, this position will focus on writing the social playbook of the future. He/she will help Corporate Communications navigate the social landscape in new ways, including shaping our social storytelling. This position will be located at 301 South Tryon Street in Charlotte, NC and does not offer relocation assistance.
Specific responsibilities include
• Translate communications objectives into the right roadmap for social and digital channels, consulting with partners on ways social can be best utilized to reach various audiences and support major communications initiatives.
• Craft compelling content about the ways Wells Fargo serves its customers, invests in its communities and lives its vision and values for sharing across platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Manage day-to-day operations for the @WellsFargoNews Twitter handle.
• Recommend targeting and paid amplification strategies to use social and digital channels to deliver the right stories, in the right context, to priority audiences.
• Drive next-gen social plans for Corporate Communications by exploring new platforms, opportunities for community building and management, opportunities to better act on learnings from social listening and more.
• Nurture and strengthen internal partnerships around the company as related to social programs and opportunities.
• Present social/digital ideas to leaders, important partners and other stakeholders.
• The Enterprise Content team in Corporate Communications is responsible for Wells Fargo’s brand journalism effort (Wells Fargo Stories – www.wellsfargo.com/stories), the amplification and distribution of that content across digital and social channels and communications planning for social media channels, among other mandates.
• Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
• 2+ years of experience within digital banking demonstrated through work, military or education.
• Experience managing social conversations across multiple platforms, including, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Experience developing compelling content and leveraging social and digital channels for creative storytelling.
• Experience with social engagement tools like HearSay and HootSuite.
• Exposure to crisis communications or issues management, particularly for a large-consumer oriented organization.
• Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all levels.
• Experience building strong relationships and collaborating across large organizations.
• Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays.