Product Manager – Search (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Digital Product Manager prioritizes, plans and manages product features through the product development process in support of the overall product domain strategy. This role uses business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to provide full and actionable visibility to all inventory. The Product Manager represent the customer/user and has the primary responsibility for defining all product requirements and communicating those requirements to the user experience and technology delivery teams. The Product Manager manages the priority of those requirements to ensure that the highest amount of customer value is being delivered in the fastest time possible.
The Product Manager uses data and analytics to analyze their business and prioritize their product backlog appropriately. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new products/features are being developed. In addition, the Product Manager will work closely with Training & Process or LOE, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, Application/Services Vendors and numerous other internal and external parties with the goal of clearly communicating their team’s backlog and roadmap and ensuring the necessary support is available upon product delivery.
• Represents the customer needs and requirements to drive feature implementation and development with associated technology teams. The Product Manager considers multiple customers and multiple integration points to other solutions including Order Management Systems and other solutions that leverage inventory information.
• Clearly defines and write user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Reviews and approves large requirements (Epics) and smaller requirements (Stories) based on product/feature strategy.
• Accepts the stories as “done,” validating that the stories meet the acceptance criteria.
• Maintains a prioritized product backlog based on defined business value, aligning with Product Strategy and resource capacity.
• Understands the “why” behind each Epic and Feature and works with the Sr. Manager, Product Management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and can clearly communicate to their development teams.
• Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met, identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results.
• Align efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum.
• Build and leverage solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful feature implementation.
• Participates in the team demo and retrospective.
• Provides input into — and helps construct — business case documentation.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Communications or related field AND 3+ years experience in 2 or more of the following, project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing OR 5+ years experience in product and/or experience management.
• 2+ years strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital products and/or experiences
• 2+ years experience in translating business strategy into specific product features
• 1+ years experience in an agile software environment
• 1+ years demonstrated delivery of business results
• Demonstrated knowledge of Inventory Management & Order Management Solutions, specifically product receiving, inventory management across the retail supply chain and product fulfillment.
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
• Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree.
• 1+ years experience in product design and/or product management.
• Prior leadership with a top 25 omni-channel retailer.
• Experience in running a P&L.
• Strong financial acumen.
• CSPO Certification.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.