Director of Operations
This position is responsible for the coordination of the church’s general operations including oversight of technology services and operations, property management, recreation ministries and
facility and food service to support the church’s programming and mission as set forth by the ordained staff, the business administrator, the session and lay leadership of the church.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist ordained and program staff through execution of the business operations of the church.
• Oversees Risk Management including full compliance with CPC Youth and Child Protection Policies.
•Oversees, evaluates and manages the use of all information technology systems.
• Oversee and evaluate the recreation ministry program and facility. Ensures that varied opportunities for members of the church and community to participate in recreational activities are offered regularly.
• Oversee and evaluate the food service program.
• Prepare and manage the annual budgets for property, recreation ministries and food service.
• Develop a maintenance plan and direct the maintenance program of church facilities and use of the facilities.
• Serve as safety and security officer of the church; periodically review insurance requirements.
• Maintain an inventory of all church property
• Oversee the Columbarium and Memorial Gardens agreements, sales and upkeep.
• Oversee the use of the Arosa House and Arosa Avenue condominiums.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job requires frequent sitting, using hands to grasp or feel, reaching with hands of arms and talking and/or hearing. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend or twist and kneel, crouch or crawl. Mental requirements include but may not be limited to general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability and advanced writing ability.
• The employee is occasionally required to be mobile throughout the building and attend off-site functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Employee is frequently required to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor.