This giveaway promotion is proudly presented in partnership with Heineken.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
Do you love food? Love to travel? Yeah, we thought you’d say yes. We’re so stoked about this prize that we’re already so jealous of the winner – it’s that big.
Heineken is sending one lucky winner and a guest on an all-expenses-paid trip to Miami this February so you can soak up some sun and eat your fill of great food at the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
The winner will get airfare (up to $750 per ticket), $500 in spending money and 3 nights at the LOEWS Miami Beach Hotel for February 21-24, 2019.
While you’re there, they’re hooking you up with 2 VIP tickets to the Heineken Light Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® hosted by David Burtka & Neil Patrick Harris on Friday, February 22 and 2 tickets to the Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Mastercard Grand Tasting Tents & Culinary Demonstrations on Saturday, February 23.
These star-studded events (think Neil Patrick Harris, Al Roker and David Burtka) are part of the South Beach Wine & Food Festival®, a weekend-long gourmet gathering on the beach with 100% of its net proceeds benefiting the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, and is also sponsored in part by Heineken.
The two events will involve sampling burgers and other curated foods from around the world and various neighborhoods of Miami, plus live culinary demonstrations from your favorite Food Network and Cooking Channel personalities, contests and more. Oh, and there will be no shortage of Heineken Light to go around both days.
See official rules and contest details below. This promotion is for participants age 21+.
Enter to win
- First way to enter: Enter via the form below by Monday, December 24 at 11:59 p.m. (one entry allowed here)
- Second way to enter: Follow us on Instagram @charlotteagenda and look out for a post on Dec. 23, 2018 (unlimited entries allowed via Instagram)
- Winner: We’ll pick the winner by Wednesday, December 26
- The prize:
- • 2 VIP tickets to Heineken Light Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® hosted by David Burtka & Neil Patrick Harris on Friday, February 22, 2019, 7:30 PM -10:30 PM in Miami, Fl
- • 2 tickets to Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Mastercard Grand Tasting Tents & Culinary Demonstrations on Saturday, February 23 , 2019, 12:00 PM– 5:00 PM (Grand Tasting Village – South Beach)
- • Hotel Accommodations: (3) Nights Hotel Accommodations (2/21 – 2/24) LOEWS MIAMI BEACH, 1601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- • Airfare Charlotte to Miami value up to $750/ticket
- • Spending Money / Gift Cards: $500
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
2018 HEINEKEN HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY – OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. The “2018 Heineken Holiday Giveaway” (“Promotion”) is open to residents of North Carolina and South Carolina who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Heineken USA (“Heineken” or “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries; wholesaler distributors and their employees and their immediate families; retail licensees and their employees and their immediate families; advertising and promotion agencies and their employees and their immediate families, are ineligible. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at charlotte.axios.com/heinekenholiday (“Promotion Website”). This Promotion is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulations.
3. Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on November 23, 2018 and ends on December 24, 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
4. Promotion Submission Period: The Promotion Submission Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT on November 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on December 24, 2018 (“Promotion Submission Period”). To enter, visit charlotte.axios.com/heinekenholiday and follow the online instructions to submit your entry (an “Entry”). All Entries must be received and recorded during the Promotion Submission Period, on this page or via Instagram at www.instagram.com/charlotteagenda. Limit one (1) Entry per person on this page; unlimited entries are allowed via Instagram.
The winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about December 26, 2018 from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor’s representatives, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Promotion. The winner will be notified by email and will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting). Any alternate winners selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial notification. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the winner is at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, the potential Finalist will be declared an official winner of the Promotion. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential Finalist is twenty-one (21) years of age or older prior to notification, then the potential winner will be disqualified. The winner may be required to complete, sign and return a waiver of eligibility and/or releases by Sponsor and Williams Media, LLC via email, fax or overnight mail within twenty-four (24) hours of winner’s prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
5. If Sponsor so elects, the winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the winner will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the winner agrees to sign a waiver form authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting).
6. Participation Guidelines: At no time while participating in the Promotion should any Finalist: (a) be under the influence of drugs or excess alcohol; (b) promote drinking and driving or the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol; (c) promote the illegal use of alcohol, drugs, or violating any law; (d) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; (e) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or exploit people in a sexual or violent manner; (f) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (g) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: <http://www.beerinstitute.org/BeerInstitute/files/ccLibraryFiles/Filename/000000000384/ 2006ADCODE.pdf>; or (h) be deemed inappropriate by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. At any time during the Promotion, Sponsor’s representative reserves the right to disqualify any winner, in his/her sole discretion, if he/she believes the winner is deemed inappropriate.
7. Prize (1): Winner will receive:
VIP Tickets (2) to “Burger Bash” Friday, February 22, 2019, 7:30 PM -10:30 PM in Miami, Fl.
Tickets (2) to “Goya Foods Grand Tasting Village” Saturday, February 23, 2019, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM (Grand Tasting Village – South Beach)
Hotel Accommodations: (3) Nights Hotel Accommodations (2/21 – 2/24) LOEWS MIAMI BEACH, 1601 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Airfare Charlotte to Miami value up to $750
Spending Money / Gift Cards: $500
All ticketed events are subject to availability and change at any time.
Winner’s guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Transportation, meals, gratuities, and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the responsibility of winner. Winner may not substitute or transfer prize but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Approximate Retail Value: $5,000.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Taxes on prizes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winners.
If Sponsor so elects, the potential Prize winner and guest may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the potential Prize winner and guest will not bring the Sponsor or the ICC Entities (as defined below) into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the potential Prize winner and guest agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting).
8. Heineken USA, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Entities (as defined below) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Promotion, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. Should any portion of Promotion be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and randomly select the winner from valid entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. Text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered owner of the wireless number used to enter. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. All materials submitted become the property of Heineken and will not be returned.
9. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission for Sponsor and the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Entities (as defined below) to use winner’s name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law.
10. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release and hold Heineken USA and the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Entities (as defined below) harmless from all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. By participating in this Promotion, participant agrees to be bound by all the Official Rules of this Promotion.
11. For the names of the Prize winner, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: 2018 Heineken Holiday Giveaway, c/o Williams Media LLC, 623 S. Cedar St., Suite B, Charlotte, NC 28202 for receipt by February 1, 2019.
© 2018 Heineken® USA
Participant irrevocably waives all claims against South Beach Wine & Food Festival, Burger Bash, Loews Miami Beach Hotel, Goya Foods, Food Network & Cooking Channel, The Ritz-Carlton, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “South Beach Wine & Food Festival”) and agrees that these Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Promotion or the prizes awarded. The South Beach Wine & Food Festival have not offered or sponsored this Promotion in any way.
All photos courtesy of the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival