Edison Nation, Inc. is a publicly traded, vertically integrated innovation aggregation and full-service product development and manufacturing company. We provide a platform that brings innovative new products to market in high-interest and high-velocity consumer categories.
We are seeking a superior writer that possesses the ability to create both compelling creative content and professional corporate communication. This team member will regularly collaborate with leadership and cross-functional team members to present Edison Nation, Inc. to a variety of audiences across multiple platforms.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Produce well-written and grammatically accurate content on tight deadlines.
• Write across channels for multiple platforms (ie. website, blogs, articles, social updates).
• Assist with public and investor relations (ie. press releases).
• Assist with proposals and presentation materials.
• Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies.
• Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original.
• Collaborate with leadership, project managers, creative team and graphic designers.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or business-related field.
• 3 years of experience in a corporate marketing/communications environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent grasp of English language.
• Creative and innovative thinker and planner.
• Confident in producing work across multiple platforms.
• Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas.
• Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals.
• Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
• Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and Google Docs.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO.
• Attention to detail, grammatical structure and compliance with AP style guidelines.