Senior Manager, Communications (HIRED)
This position is responsible for executing the Company’s internal and external strategic communication plan through use of the company’s corporate website, digital and emerging media, intranet and other media under the direction of the Vice President of Communications. This person will support Marketing, Stewardship, Communities and other relevant business areas for external media and public-facing needs. This person will have the ability to act as a spokesperson for the company. This person will be able to work and manage projects independently
• Works to identify media opportunities in Home Office market and throughout the territory to share company’s story.
• Maintains accurate and updated media contact list for press release dissemination and other outreach.
• Supports Marketing, Stewardship, Communities and other relevant business areas for external media and public-facing needs.
• Monitors and executes the company’s digital media strategy through channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube and LinkedIn.
• Solicits, edits and generates content for various internal and external company communication venues.
• Creates and updates Company website content and development.
• Acts as writer/editor for employee communications, including digital bi-weekly newsletter.
• Maintains Company Intranet.
• Represents the Company, when needed, at various civic, industry, political and charitable events.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Ability to create strategies for company’s communication platforms.
• Manages and coordinated substantial communications projects for department.
• Works independently to execute communications strategies.
• Acts as spokesperson for the company.
• Acts as community ambassador for the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent comprehension and creativity skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding computer skills with knowledge of SharePoint and HTML capabilities.
• Experience with web content management.
• Experience with social and emerging media.
• Basic photography skills.
• Willing to work cooperatively on projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications.
• 5-8 years of experience in communications, public relations, website management or similar field.