SignUpGenius simplifies the process of coordinating events and people by providing online sign-ups for nonprofits, schools, sports, churches, families, colleges, businesses and organizations. By enabling up to 14 million unique visitors per month to sign up for tasks online, SignUpGenius has done away with the need for paper sign-ups, “reply-all” emails and phone trees. Working for this company involves being part of a fast-paced, creative team environment in order to maintain the largest volunteer management service on the internet.
• Execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end procedures including review of general ledger postings.
• Prepare and review balance sheet accounts and reconciliations including cash and credit card activity.
• Manage intercompany transactions, including elimination entries and multiple currencies.
• Properly track and record stock compensation expense under appropriate accounting regulations.
• Assist with month end, quarter end and year end closing processes.
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Ensure appropriate revenue recognition for all recurring and new contracts and sales.
• Assist with payroll administration.
• Identify and research complex accounting issues.
• Prepare and review accounts payable and disbursements.
• Prepare billing and review accounts receivable for collectability.
• Review contracts and any new business activities for appropriate accounting treatment.
• Maintain vendor, customer and other files.
• Recommend changes to accounting procedures as needed.
• Answer accounting and financial questions by interpreting data.
• Assist with special projects as required.
• 4+ years of experience in accounting – public, private or both.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting.
• CPA license strongly preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Very strong communication skills.
• Effective time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
• Capacity to own certain accounting functions as well as be hands-on with day-to-day activities.
• Full time.
• In office at Ballantyne Corporate Park.
• No relocation assistance.
• Salary is DOE.
• Start date is immediate.
• Benefits include 100% employee health care premium paid, matching 401(k), 8 holidays, PTO, matched giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development.